KotH Metallurgy

MikeM64

L1: Registered
May 7, 2010
After the learning experience of pl_Mineshaft, I've decided to try something a little easier. I give you KoTH_Metallurgy. Set somewhere in the mountains, RED and BLU decide it's time for a hostile takeover of a key forge in their weapons manufacture.

Screenshots for Alpha 1: http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz49/MikeM64/koth_metalurgy_a01/

I'm looking for feedback on this alpha for cover ideas throughout the map.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Lots of Orange i see...
Might be helpful to add signs so you can easily recognize what side of the map you are on.
Also, some of the height drops are a little worrisome in my opinion, don't know what the more experienced mappers would say, but i think that its a little too much of a height difference.

Also, if you plan on using a train you will need to set up a warning system, telling people that the train is coming. (This comes from personal experience with working with trains)...

Otherwise, I'd be interested to see this in a gameday.

Sep 1, 2009
I kinda get the feeling that you should change the spawn exit and yard layout. Only 3 entrances and they are all reasonably close and players could camp them to no end.Also make sure they can't get bind the spawn and build up a forward base as that would be bad.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
If you used HDR (which it looks like you did), turn it off for alphas/until you know how to use it properly. Right now, pretty much every face is blindingly bright, so turn off HDR and recompile a new version.

MikeM64

L1: Registered
May 7, 2010
@Fr0Zen:
Thanks for the tip, warning system added. As for the heights, I'll add this to the next gameday and see what the reactions are.

@Godslayer57:
I just updated the screenshots to show part of the lower level (by spawn). There is a 2nd spawn exit on the lower level, leading to the lower floor of the factory or ground level. Also, I've clipped around spawn and the facotry. Players cannot get on top of the factory, behind spawn, or shoot to the other side of the map.

@Seba-079:
Thanks, done.