Metal Texture Pack

Texture Metal texture pack 1.0

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Extra Metal Textures.
Blue Red White and Black variations of existing (valve) metal materials.

This pack contains 25 textures, total size for the whole thing: 346 kb.
There is a slight issue though, They will not show any color in "3D Shaded Texture Polygons" cameraview in hammer. But they DO in the regular "3D Textured".
Also, they have no color in the material browser, but I have named them so you can easily find the one you want, hopefully.

The minimal impact on .bsp size is great though (few bytes for most of the textures) so don't be afraid to use them just because they have the wrong color in hammer! ;)

INSTALL:
Extract the zip in
Steam/steamapps/<user>/team fortress 2/tf
If you did it right there should be a bunch of files in your tf/materials/metal folder.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I might make tooltextures in the future!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Also, they have no color in the material browser, but I have named them so you can easily find the one you want, hopefully.

You just need to change the base texture in the VMT, to the location where these custom vtf's will reside. So it uses the new texture rather than pointing to the original textures location and using that in your texture browser.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Silly grazr. If the base texture didn't point to the right thing then why would they even show up right? :p

But more to the point, I presume he is using the magic of $color to get the small filesize so there aren't VTFs for these.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
If the base texture didn't point to the right thing then why would they even show up right?

That's my point, they're not showing up right.

But yea, i just looked into it a little more.

Figured he was using "$color"

Doi.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
These are just excellent! Thanks for sharing them. These are great addition.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
That's my point, they're not showing up right.

But yea, i just looked into it a little more.

Figured he was using "$color"

Doi.

Stupid sexy Valve not adding in hammer support for $color

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
If only we could somehow do to textures what l4d did with models and have hammer record the $color in individual textures. *sigh* if only.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
$color works the same way as $color2.

You could make $color1 yellow, and $color2 red. And you'd get a Orange end product (if the material you start with is white).

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Looks nice, i think i will definetely use this in my next map.
Also are they normal mapped?

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
They aren't different at all from the base textures other than the $color parameters.