Merlin

CP Merlin a5

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Merlin - Travel up the Spiraling Castle to Conquer the land!

Those Mercenaries are at it again! Destroying property and Eating ham, all in the name to beat the other! Travel from your spiraling castle to the next, all in good fun of course!

Hello all! Mappers note here:
This is a very early map testing some ideas. I kept it as WIP as I could because I know I'll have to rework. A lot.

I kind of had the Idea to make this map multistage, but the way its going, this might be able to stand on its own. Please tell me if you agree :))

And I know I'll be asked this a lot so I'll get it out of the way:
A: Yes its medieval.
A: What do you mean why? I just made it medieval so its medieval!
A: No. I don't intend to make a non medieval version (??)

With that out of the way, I genuinely hope you can have fun on this map!!

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Ho boy, lets see how this goes!

Based off feedback I've made several changes, lets hope its made it better! :

-Box near 1st point turned into working house
-new large flank route added around Final cap fortress
-Beam clipping!!

Also, special thanks to @kevin gator For letting me use his wonderful lattice texture. I'll be sure to use it more often :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Based off some feedback Added:
-signs
-more detailed buildings
-Red spawn exit by point B
-I forget more

Also i tried to get the tone map to work but who knows if it does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Few little things like overlays and spectator cameras (info observers)

Re did one of the flanks to the final point. I think I'll update that one a little more.

I shaped up the buildings a little more.

I feel like I'm forgetting something :\

Oh right, added special dynamic to Red spawn ;)

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hey there! I'm liking the way the map is going. Always appreciate more medieval maps being made.

I did have a suggestion though. I'd like to suggest that after the first point is captured, the respawn room visualizers leading into the room connected to Red's spawn should be disabled. This can be slightly abuseable, as after the first point is captured, Red team members can opt to head into this room behind the visualizers, meaning that the Blue team cannot hit them. I've included screenshots of the spot I mean. Unless Blue team members have weapons like the Huntsman or Crusader's Crossbow, they will be unable to hit the Red team members that hide in this room. It could be worse if the members hiding in this same room have the ranged weapons mentioned before, as they could shoot at Blue team members trying to pass this room in order to make it to point B. Since the path to this room is already closed off with the bookshelf, simply having the visualizers disappear with the "disable" output from point A being captured could fix the issue.

How you go about this is completely up to you, but I believe it would be a good change! Good luck with the map!

Attachments

• 20200627005223_1.jpg
    20200627005223_1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 20200627005232_1.jpg
    20200627005232_1.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 159