VSH Merida

Discussion in 'Non-Standard Maps' started by Centrict, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Centrict

Centrict L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    vsh_merida_v2

Merida is an Egyptian style versus Saxton Hale map.

It contains alot of different structures which give different classes their advantage. For example there are great places for the Engineer, pillars for the scouts and soldiers, and buildings for the Snipers.

Merida is a rather simple design and a re-make of a map from a FPS game I used to play when I was younger. The link shows the original map from the shooter; Crossfire. http://image.gamerage.com/cf/contents/images/guides_n/maps/Merida.jpg

I put a lot of dedication into this and I hope that the server administrators and owners will aprove and use my map.

Please if you find any bugs contact me immediately and I will fix it within the next few hours. My Steam HTTP://STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM/ID/CENTRICT

23 Red Bull where consumed during the make of this map.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. amishbull

amishbull L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    vsh_merida_v2

Excellent map. Our players really liked this map, but sadly I had to have it removed as most bosses just got slaughtered by the huge number of players that chose to play sniper on this map. We also have a few bosses that use ranged weapons only, and they had a hard time breaking through the bosses door. If you could eliminate the bosses door and maybe make the map smaller, or add some kind of cover for the bosses against all the snipers, I would definitely recommend re-adding this map to our list. Keep up the good work!

3. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    Oh god the bloom is horrible, you should really tone it down.

4. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    The amount of bloom is TOO DAMN HIGH!

5. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    What are the settings on your light_env? The sides of things seem really dark. I'd bump up the ambient lighting, and also change the angle of the sun to something a bit more interesting. If you want something to reference, you can take a look at the Environment Gallery and see what settings are used on official maps (in your case, you should look at cp_egypt).