Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
mva_contest_banner.jpg

TF2Maps.net Major Mapping Contest #11
REVOTE THREAD

Hey Everyone, I'll be quick with this.

Due to the crappy turn out of the voting, and all the judges not... judging... I've created this google poll to supplement the voting.

All votes from the previous voting thread will be null and voided. This is being done in fairness to all contestants. That being said, the original voting thread will remain visible for authors to collect the feedback that is there.

To cast your revote, please read the following guidelines for making your decision. These have NOT changed from the original voting thread, but I ask that everyone read through them a few times, and consider them when making your decision.

For more information and an FAQ, Please read this post, or see (the same) FAQ below.

FAQ

We can only vote once?
Yes, the one draw back of this system is that you will need a google account to vote. You can create a google account for free at google.com

A google account? Will you see my email!?
No. This is anonymous. The only information I receive is the date and time that you voted. To reiterate, I do NOT see your email, or name or ANY personal information.

What if I don't have a google account, and don't want to make one, but still want to vote?
If you absolutely do not want to make a google account to vote, but still wish to contribute your vote, you can PM me directly here on the forums. It's fine! I just want you to vote! In your PM, please include the map that you feel was the 'best overall' and WHY (if you use this method, and do not include WHY, I will not count your vote). You may include feedback for other maps in your PM. I will compile all the information together at the end.

How long will this poll go on for?
Two weeks, until January 9th at 7PM EST.

Will there be playtests of the maps?
Most definitely yes. I will make sure that myself, other staff or VIP host Invasion map events properly. I hope to have them every-other day. No more than 2 days inbetween each test. If you feel like there hasn't been enough tests, say so!

PLEASE READ THESE BEFORE CASTING YOUR VOTE:

• Gameplay: How does the map play? Is it fun? Are you turning a whole lot? Is the layout simple and easy to understand/learn or easy to get lost in? Is the gamemode simple to understand quickly? Does the map flow well? Does each class have a place where they can shine in the map?
  • Balance: Is one team stronger than another because of the map? Are defenders easily locking down passages? Are attackers easily getting through what appear to be Solid iron defenses?
  • Aesethetics: How does the map look? Does the visuals flow and blend well together? Hows the transitions between yards? Does the map and yards visually make sense? Are things too 'noisey' or visually busy? If you've read this far, please put the word "Potato" at the beginning of the 'other map feedback' section. This will not affect your vote in anyway. Do you think this could be an actual environment in the TF2 Universe? Does it fit the Mercs Vs. Aliens Theme and follow the Mothership destruction rule?
  • Technical: The nuts and bolts of the map. Hows the clipping? Getting good FPS? Areaportal working? displacements sewn? Map randomly crashing? is it buggy?

Which ever map you feel did the best overall, compared to all the other maps, then you should cast that map as your vote. Please play through the maps across a few gamedays to get a good feel for how the map plays overall. If you've done this and feel comfortable voting, click here to cast your vote.

Voting will end January 9th at 7PM EST. (Click for countdown)

Goodluck entrants!

Last edited:

Crunchy_Frog

L1: Registered
Jan 19, 2014
Voted, via Google poll, with 1 minute to spare. (At least I hope that my clock didn't run late.)

OH crap, I forgot to put POTATO into the poll feedback section. Oh well.

Last edited:

BanjoGin

L1: Registered
Sep 23, 2014
I really enjoyed seeing all the maps for this contest and I am please to see Crash has won it :D. The two I really liked didn't come in the top three, those maps were cp_mudwater_b3d and pl_inari_b2. I though they were nicely designed and I enjoyed playing on them, even though it was usually 5v5 or less xD.
I hope everyone that entered a map will keep improving them especially the two I mentioned.

This was my first contested I witnessed as I m new to this community and was stunned by how amazing and interesting the layouts, game-modes and detail was. I didn't however vote mainly as I didn't feel like I could honestly decide or figure out what was bad and what as good.