Mercenary Park - Gallery 2017-10-24

An edited Merc. Park VMF

1. DrSquishy

DrSquishy L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Mercenary Park - Gallery - An edited Merc. Park VMF

Welcome to Mercenary Park Gallery - A modified Merc. Park VMF that has the skybox, hints, occluders, skips, triggers and any kind of brush that won't aid how the map looks in hammer! The use for this is to see how models and textures work together, while still being able to reference back to it for later use, and to see how the mapper has used different things to aid their theme!
    Things I edited slightly:
    On point B, I found an unused inaccessible room, so I changed a floor brush to a glass texture as I found it very interesting
    In the bottom corner of the map, something caught my eye. That something was: The meet your match competitive stage, where victors of a competitive match gather, and the losers look on! I was curious on why it was included, and for everyone's use, I moved it next to the skybox (It is that large concrete rectangle)

If anyone has a particular request for the next gallery map, just ask!

Hope this helps someone!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Hm, I'm not quite getting the point of this. Couldn't I just hide skybox, playerclips, hints, occluders, skips, triggers in the visgroups and look at the same thing?
    I would much rather like the full VMF to be added to the Decompiled Maps Thread

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    While hints, skips and the skyboxes can be disabled, playerclips, invisibles, anything that is a brush entity (Triggers, occluders and the like) can't be disabled without a lot of the rest of the map being disabled. I want a completely empty map, with nothing at all blocking it. No triggers, occluders, or playerclips. And anyways, I mainly do these for myself, later uploading them just in case someone feels like they could get something else from it, not just me, as it can take hours to finally get every last brush out

4. Coding Ethan

Coding Ethan L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    User VisGroups can do that. It's a bit tedious but it would be worth it.

5. DrSquishy

Positive Ratings:
    With the currently made ones, using 2 fort as an example, there aren't any active ones for these, but yeah, might be easier for the future to make everything into a visgroup

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    I also note that the automatic visgroups can be customized.