Menu Pictures

koalamugger

L1: Registered
Jul 23, 2009
I'm looking to add a nice picture of my map to the server lists so people can see how it looks and gain interest in the map. How do I do this.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I believe you misunderstand how it works. The user has to have downloaded the image either from a server or otherwise, in which case they have probably already downloaded the map anyway. It's not something you can just make public for them to see to draw interest.

Either way, how to make one: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4883

koalamugger

L1: Registered
Jul 23, 2009
okay so how to i put my map picture up after they have connected to the map exactly. I mean i dont want that big boring gray box.

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
okay so how to i put my map picture up after they have connected to the map exactly. I mean i dont want that big boring gray box.

...you can't. People who already downloaded your map won't automatically download the menu thumb image. You can create a .res file for future releases of your map and include it there so the images will be downloaded together with the .bsp file. The .res asures that TF2 knows which files should be downloaded and can be used for files that can't be pakrated (like intro videos and those menu thumbs).

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
...assuming the server administrators will put up with your .res files