Melee Fort

T

The Asylum

NOT SO NEW BUT POSSIBLY EXCITING! Melee Fort!

"But Asylum," you may say, "Didn't you already make a series of shitty maps named Meleefort before?"

Yes, back when I was a mere Hammerture. Now that I know what I'm doing (and kill inputs doesn't crash the game), I figured I may as well do a map about melees in forts right. Finally.

Now that's not to say that it's going to be an exact carbon-copy of all the (prefix)_meleefort_b5's. No, I'm starting right from scratch. I spent so much time unsuccessfully building Meleefort around sv_cheats that, now that I no longer have to rely on them since kill inputs no longer crash the game, I made such a huge fucking mess that I had no idea where to even begin wading through the wall of entities I made.

Of course, that's not to say that it's going to be entirely new, either. Behold, the crown jewel of cp_meleefort, reborn!

I may just pretty this little box-map up and ship it as duel_meleefort too :)

Progress will be most def. posted.

-=Some versions currently use a chain model built by Acumen=-

Last edited by a moderator:

Flawless

L1: Registered
Apr 19, 2009
Still it was unnessery ._. I think you must add a lot more stuff there, if you don't wanto it to be a 3v3 map. I like the idea! ^^

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It's too small and too dark to be played properly. There's only one way onto the point and no maneuverability. Heavies will rape on this map. Also you're using Half Life 2 props and textures and are labeling areas incorrectly.

T

The Asylum

Uh, of course that's not all there is to it.

Going to be working on the small versions first (arena, ctf, dm), then the larger cp version (And possibly KOTH). Some RAD-less screens of the CTF version:

Overhead. The opposing team has a mini-resupply room in front of the other team's courtyard. Why? So they can't carry the flag back through it. No, they've got to take the scenic route and give the other team a chance to catch the flag-stealer. No, there are no spawn points in the mini-resupply rooms.

Those two doors with the red arrows pointing to them would be the entrance to the mini-resupply. The other door, in the toll booth, is a BLU mini-resupply room, so those spawned in the "main" spawn further back can cut off an intel-stealer a little easier

And here's BLU's ring with the intel suspended up on high. I really, really, REALLY tried to work a climbing a ladder mechanic into there (you know, a ladder match- c'mon it's a briefcase! It's practically BEGGING for a ladder match gimmick!) And there's RED's mini-resupply room exit into BLU's courtyard.

Oh yes. Of course the locked weapon storage shed makes it's return. Want your weapons back? Win the round, and the shed will open for an extra-humiliating humiliation round.

BLU's mini-resupply room in RED's base, beside the entrance to RED's tool booth entrance. So the only way the intel-stealer can get out (with the intel) is through the hallway, across the bridge, and through their own hallway.

T

The Asylum

With regards to the map being small, it'd def. be a serious issue....... if it weren't melee-only. Since it is melee-only, the only way to attack someone is by getting right up close. So normally, yes, small spaces are a problem. In melee maps, small spaces are a must

I'm putting in lights now in between tweaking Checkpoint. Cubemaps will be built then

T

The Asylum

Update time yes yes yes yes

Arena, CTF, and DM game modes are now available. Screens in OP

T

The Asylum

DID SOMEBODY SAY MELEE FORT?

....... no?

.....well then, here's screens of cp_melee_fort_a1

RED's Rumble Ring, the last cap. BLU has their Brawl Base

BLU's Bash 'em Bridge. The lone bridge from CTF/Arena mode is widened a fair amount

Here's the newly-inserted middle section. And inside.....

ooooooooohhh baby. The crown jewel is back in good form.

EVEN THE BALCONIES ARE BOXING RINGS HOLY SHIT

/img]
Overview

Not releasing it until I'm done with the KOTH and possible PL versions

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
EVEN THE BALCONIES ARE BOXING RINGS HOLY SHIT

Be sure to put in at least one absolute choke point for ctf, or else a scout will be literally unstoppable. Also, try killing all equalisers on spawn as well. The game will glitch, but you will avoid the inevitable whining.

T

The Asylum

Be sure to put in at least one absolute choke point for ctf, or else a scout will be literally unstoppable. Also, try killing all equalisers on spawn as well. The game will glitch, but you will avoid the inevitable whining.

2 years ahead of ya. Just like the old Meleefort, CTF Melee Fort only allows the flag-stealer to carry the flag through the L-hallway, right past the second spawn

T

The Asylum

Well, if anyone wants to see dm_melee_fort fitted with an idle gruntbox, 209.247.83.59:27015

pass is lueshi

T

The Asylum

koth specific screens:

Makeshift spawnrooms hooray

Of course the weapons shed(s) is here too. You know what you have to do if you want to get the goodies inside.

T

The Asylum

koth_melee_fort_a2 is coming along nicely. A teaser screen:

kothmeleeforta20003.jpg

Too bad you can't give enemies Death Valley Drivers and the like in TF2. Can you imagine getting one from the Heavy?