Meet the Pyro (the most stunning community-made meet the... video!)

Your reaction to the video?

• You troll it's...oh wait

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • OMFG

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • OMG

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • That sucked

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Awesome

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • wow!

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • cool

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • F*ck yes!

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • nice

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
Check it out for yourself right now! Its so f**king awesome!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww-jfygVEE0"]YouTube - Team Fortress 2 - Meet the Pyro[/ame]

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
How in the hell did Valve manage to leak ANOTHER meet the team vid...wait? Community made :O

Pure awesomeness

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I don't like it. It's just a disjointed mess. /disappointed :(

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Was alright. Animation quality was very good yes, but everything else was... meh. It was all just other Meet the Team videos hacked up with a pyro doing something.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
Most of it was ok, but the engie bit was the best.

Pilk

L2: Junior Member
Jun 9, 2009
Wow that's incredible. For something community made.

This.

I'll grant that the custom parts were well done, but the video relied way too much on clips from Valve's shorts. I suppose on some layer there was a story about the pyro, but it wasn't Meet the Pyro any more than Ignus Solus was.

This, too.

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Excellent animation, good custom scenes, poor execution of any kind of independent storyline relating to the Pyro. Also was much too bloody for TF2 - you'd never see that much gore in-game, especially with the axed engineer scene. Then again I do play with family settings on (personal preference of mine) and a good 75% of my in-game visual effects don't work because my graphics card isn't a gaming one, so maybe I've just forgotten or even never seen the blood for myself. :O

Still, it beats the Pyro's disjointed self-introductory slideshow presentation I once created (no longer up on YouTube as it was wildly unpopular and the page for it somehow broke anyways). :p

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
i agree with everyone else basicly. Great quality but, poor execution, and too much Valve stuff. But im not gonna hold that against it, I mildly enjoyed it.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Was alright. Animation quality was very good yes, but everything else was... meh. It was all just other Meet the Team videos hacked up with a pyro doing something.

This, but with added bucketfuls of lame added, especially to the pacing.

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
I'm in the same boat as the "good animation but poor execution" people - It was just too obvious where they had copied - the animation equivalent of a self-insertion fanfic

FeartheMango

L69: Deviant Member
Sep 8, 2009
was okay,

The Pacing was very bad

I felt like I was pausing it everytime the pyro came into the screen

"Start.....Stop. Start............Stop. Start....Stop! "

Wasn't much of a meet the pyro video either, it was more like a "Hey look let's watch the pyro ruin things while the other classes are talking!"

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
That's no good

Last edited:

Fragimus_Max

L3: Member
Jan 13, 2008
So, I guess they're trying to say that The Pyro is the Forrest Gump of TF2?

I liked it, I thought the Heavy part was the best. I don't like revealing anything about the class though. It should always remain a mystery.

Like with Wolverine, as soon as they started explaining his origin, it devalued the character and drove him further away from what appealed to the fans in the first place.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
It seems more like they just took a bunch of random scenes they thought would be cool to animate and stuck them all together.

It was incredibly well-done, but I didn't like it.