Meet the Medic Map - Co-Mapping Opportunity

Benjamoose

L1: Registered
Jul 15, 2011
Your final name is stupid. Just make it something simple, easy to remember and spell. Server owners don't like things that are not easily memorable and neither do players, who in my experience, can barely keep maps apart in their heads without then worrying about the name.

Yes, I see what you're doing with the name. Yes, I like it. But it's a terrible idea.

I appreciate that. It would have been a lot simpler, but someone else had already made an attempt at replicating the same map. They called it "Hostpital Grounds" and I wanted to find a name that wouldn't confuse people between the two maps. Medicinal Practice is too long, you're right. That's why I preferred "Drogentote". Thanks.

No excuses.

screenshot2011103122121.jpg

So you have Windows running on Bootcamp. For a start I can't afford to buy a copy of Windows to install it. If it's not Bootcamp, and it's one of the other methods, I can't afford that either.

Can I just say that I don't understand why some of you are just jumping on me hard to try and find things I have said to pick at me? I've been endlessly polite about it all, but some of it's clearly unnecessary.

Perhaps (as I've said) I've worded my initial post wrong, and I should go back and simplify it to not be confusing. It's nothing to do with a lack of taking criticism. I expected that. What I didn't expect was a huge discussion debating why I did what I did with my computer and such.

It seems for some reason people want to try and prove me wrong on just about anything they can grab at.

The simple situation is, I cannot work on this map, I was asking for help here simply due to the fact that elsewhere I wouldn't get legitimate help, and that the person(s) involved would be credited appropriately.

I did not however expect so much discussion and debate about me and not the map.

I understand that based on some wording I may have seemingly dug myself into holes of some form, and that it was easy to jump on. But those holes were never trying to trick anyone, get round something, or break any form of rule, so why is it necessary to throw them back at me?

Anyway. As always, thanks to all the advice that I have taken on. I do appreciate it.

Edit: I've rewritten my first post to better reflect my intentions. It reads much better now in a much shorter post. I guess I simply tried too hard to write a detailed post before, and that's what caused all of this picking at what I hadn't said. It should be pretty straight forward now.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Its nothing you've done per-say.

The community here is fantastic, but they do have certain standards/guidelines they follow. They work hard for what they do on their maps, and so when it appears that someone wants to take advantage of it -or- someone is doing things differently than the established norm -or- someone is making a gimmicky map, much like this one is kind of... People here get defensive and critical. Its a weird trust thing. A new, unestablished guy in the community wants help on a big project, etc. etc. You are not the first person this has happened to, nor the last.

Surprisingly, we are a very under appreciated and semi-unknown community, even though about 99% of all the community maps that had gone official were born here.

EDIT: Also, in some of your comments responding to people, you come off a bit rude. We have European and American and Australian members, sometimes the language/wording of things in one region can appear to be rude, or impolite in another region. So, if people think you're being rude (which, in some of your posts it seems like it to me), people respond similiarly... and thus a vicious cycle continues.

Last edited:

Benjamoose

Jul 15, 2011
Its nothing you've done per-say.

The community here is fantastic, but they do have certain standards/guidelines they follow. They work hard for what they do on their maps, and so when it appears that someone wants to take advantage of it -or- someone is doing things differently than the established norm -or- someone is making a gimmicky map, much like this one is kind of... People here get defensive and critical. Its a weird trust thing. A new, unestablished guy in the community wants help on a big project, etc. etc. You are not the first person this has happened to, nor the last.

Surprisingly, we are a very under appreciated and semi-unknown community, even though about 99% of all the community maps that had gone official were born here.

I see. Well I suppose I can respect that. I honestly never meant to get up anyone's back or offend anyone's standards.

I should probably clarify that I'm really not super experienced. So this map consumed a lot of my free time. In short, I really did feel like I worked hard on it.

I'm sure some might see it as an easy thing to do, but for me, personally, it wasn't. I really didn't want to ever ask for help, it's not what I'm known for, and I never considered that I was taking advantage of other people's experience, I was simply looking for a way to finish this map as a lot of people spread the news around originally, and now I feel I owe people this map, due to seemingly promising it a while back.

I guess I should apologize then if anyone thought that. I understand that you all just want to weed through the bad to get to the good. It didn't help that my initial post sounded like I was making a big deal out of the map before I rewrote it.

Once again. Thanks for all the advice, and thanks for clearing this up Fr0Z3n.

Benjamoose

Jul 15, 2011
(I was joking)

I'm sorry zpqrei. I'm sure I likely sounded like an ass there.

I just started feeling backed into a corner, and had no idea based on some of the previous replies.

I should have known based on your initial post welcoming me.

Sorry.

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
I'm sorry zpqrei. I'm sure I likely sounded like an ass there.

I just started feeling backed into a corner, and had no idea based on some of the previous replies.

I should have known based on your initial post welcoming me.

Sorry.

Hey, no worries man. You seem to have quite a project here, and the motivation to go out and get it done. I wish you the best of luck :)