Medium Skilled Question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Not Quakeman, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Not Quakeman

Not Quakeman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi , i want to know how to make half transparent tecture (with alpha but still colored) i do have half alpha texture with mask aplied on VTFEdit but it still not working... maybe somethign wrong with the commands at the end of my VMT

i also want to add a model inside my hammer ... the problem is every tutorial i looked for was tutorials to remplace a weapons or antother existing model

for the moment i only require to add a sphere i did and UV unwraped with the half transparent animated glowing texture .

thx for helping me

2. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Well if you have the model, just drop it into your /models/ directory in TF2.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    You should check that A) You actually have an alpha layer before you converted your image to .vtf and that B) you added the "$translucent" "1" to your .vmt. Baring in mind, if i understand certain aspects of models referencing materials, that when applied to your model rather than a brush your .vmt will be over-ridden by the .qc (?) file.

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings: