Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Ptimz, Dec 4, 2011.
I don't really know what to put here.
I made a 5cp push map.
Some of the images (mainly the 4th) look a little too dark.
Other than that, wide sightlines are present in each screenshot, and in the midpoint it looks like you have a HL2 texture. But for an Alpha, very well along!
cool geometry. looks a bit closed in, especially mid.
Might be a tad over scaled in some places, but the geometry looks fun and enjoyable.
Yeah, I really don't know much about lighting; last (the 4th picture) will eventually be an interior but for now using env_light is a lot simpler. (Does anyone know of a very basic lighting tutorial they could point me towards?)
I feel what you're all saying about it being narrow and long. That'll probably have to change.
that is a part of a bigger "your first map" tutorial, linked below.
it looks like you have most of it down, though.
Comments from the feedback page say more lights and signs and enlarge the spawns. Any other comments?
Was mid too narrow?
How many people were playing?
A2 released exactly a moth after A1!
- rearranged walls at mid to give more space.
- more lights.
- More signs.
- cut away some walls to let players see into the (empty) skybox.
- health under second is now small.
- Dropdown at 2nd is now easier to see.
- there are now ramps up to both sides of last, and the already existing ramp is now wider.
- removed glass from walkway at last.
- first forward spawn moved and embiggened.
- plaerclipped all of them stairs.
A3 released. (as a3a because I gave an earlier version to some people)
-removed dropdown at second; replaced it with a side route.
-minor preliminary texturing and brushwork.
-further small changes to mid.
Separate names with a comma.