CP Mazon

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Sergis, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    This is a recreation of UT99 map AS-Mazon for TF2. I have adjusted the layout a little bit to work better in TF2 and recreated the Assault gamemode.

Every match consists of 2 rounds. In the first round, the BLU attacks and RED defends. The timer counts up from zero to the maximum of 10 minutes. In the second round, the teams switch places - RED attacks and BLU defends - and the timer counts down. Whoever wins the second round, wins the match - if RED wins, they attacked faster than BLU, if BLU wins, they defended longer than RED. if both teams defend for full 10 minutes, it's stalemate.

The map has 4 control points - A, B, C and an optional one. The optional control point opens a shortcut for the attackers.

The map has a few bugs atm - only the first control points' capture can be blocked, also some doors are a little weird sometimes. The gametype seems stable after the few botmatches I played.

Special thanks to Shane Caudle for making the original AS-Mazon ~13 years ago.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Oh for fuck's sake, not another one.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds like you got wished a bitter New Year instead of a happy one :D

4. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    isnt this basically stopwatch/tournament mode for badwater or any attack/defend map? something feels weirder about it though....

5. Tekku

aa Tekku

Positive Ratings:
    New year, new maps \o/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    After playing some more botmatches, I noticed that the timer in second round always has 3-5 seconds less than it should have. Seems like round_timer and logic_timer firing outputs every second aren't in sync.

Stopwatch is basically Assault ;) except here you either cap all the control points or lose. I might add some control point counting sometime later.

7. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    bump for impromptu feedback

8. Sergis

Positive Ratings:
    updated to a2.

9. Toxindude

Toxindude L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Some of the textures remind me of CSS mainly the first screenshot. Try sticking to TF2 textures and its seems very dark in that area :)

10. Melvin D Engineere

Melvin D Engineere L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    This map was pretty chill yo.