Hey there Guest,
The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.
Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Muddy, Dec 31, 2014.
Gorge-style A/D map. It's been snowing a bit.
I expect to see a Trevor at some point.
Oh...you mean the map.
Ms. Mudpie, may I recommend a new... um... bio? Person description? You get the point:
"Maps are people too!"
Trevor... Gregory... I should start taking requests at this point.
But then how will everyone know that I'm mostly edible?
After much tinkering...
* squished some areas so they're not so big and open
* messed around with lighting a bit
* also messed around with displacements and alpha channels a bit
* the administrator is no longer silent
* disabled shadows on doors and also disabled shadows on some of them
* made the first control point bigger
* added a few signs
* improved the clipping
* added some little treats that I'll probably remove in a3!
* did some other misc stuff
And when she asks me if everything is okay / I got my answer, the only thing I can say / I say I just released a new version of my map.
* added proper sloped roofs to the buildings
* added a flank between control points A and B
* created some sentry positions on control point A
* added another route onto control point A
* added windows to BLU spawn
* added some stuff to the yard outside BLU spawn
* allowed snow to encroach further into the map itself
* removed "first blood!" trigger because it was dumb (I kept the "you disgust me" one though because it makes me laugh)
When there's no writing on the wall / I see the devils start to crawl / And I don't need no lessons / After all / Everybody's doing a heck of a lot of restructuring around here.
* re-did final control point
* moved health and ammo pickups around a bit
* did a wee bit of detailing
* func_detailed a fuckton
* some other stuff
This'll probably be the last update for a while, 'cos college has just started again and with it, lots of assignments to do. Throw this map up on an impromptu if you're missing it too much.
I lied. Turns out I have more free time than I thought I would.
* pretty much reversed blu's forward spawn so it faces the objective
* changed the one-way door to a set of grates
* increased red's overall respawn times
* put concrete blocks in the area under the first control point to break up the action
* the administrator's losing lines are now randomised!
I'm feeling good about this map.. expect a beta release soon! (-ish.)
Eyyyy. Assuming nothing goes horribly wrong, this should be the last update before I bump this into beta stage...
* shortened the first point's cap time by 3 seconds
* added a couple of signs
* texture fixes
* fixed fences clipping through the roof of the hut near the second control point
* other stuff
I've never played this, but it looks really nice.
Did you forget about me?
* made various changes to point A
*** added another route
*** made it a little more open
*** moved stack of crates closer to the point to provide cover for attackers
* added spectator cams
* improved clipping on props
Yep, finally found time to work on this! I actually had a7 on my harddrive for a while, but it needed a few tweaks that I just hadn't gotten around to addressing until now...
At long last!
* detailed and pushed into beta!
* added a no-build brush in front of BLU's forward spawn
* fixed all known cases of z-fighting
* changed control point names to be sensible
* moved one of the train carriages away from the battle area so people can't stand on it
* added blockbullets to the underside of the walkway on BLU's upper spawn
* raised the roof on the exit by the rocks near point A to make it clear that you can't get on it
* other things that got lost in the long-ass process of bringing this map into beta
I just ran around this map. Here's some stuff I found:
There's a seam here.
That lightbulb placement doesn't really make much sense to me. Why would it be so low on the wall? It would be really easy to break!
Walking into this resupply locker in BLU's spawn...
...causes this one down here to open.
Disable collisions on these barrels.
I understand this is the first beta and all, but the detailing is pretty barren, in the interiors especially. That being said, I really like the look of this:
Looking forward to playing this.
Why haven't I played this yet I want to play this badly
I've already got things planned for b2 including some detail improvements, but I was feeling so burned out by the map that I decided to leave it for the next version.
Also I completely forgot to pack the custom content I used so I'm just going to do that now.
Separate names with a comma.