Master server list

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
help, my server is not showing up in the master list. I tried heartbeat command, and lots of settings I found googling, none of them work.
any ideas?

nossie

L3: Member
May 9, 2008
umm if u are behind a router and looking for it on the same pc its being hosted on (maybe same network) it will show up in lan otherwise i got no idea :p try scrds.com (i think thats it)

Laz

Jul 5, 2008
the server runs from a dedicated machine in a datacenter. the same machine is also hosting cs 1.6, cs: source, and cod4. All these show up in their master list no problem.

Laz

Jul 5, 2008
port was not the issue.
Here's an explanation:
It depends on the client's IP (who opens the serverbrowser) if he sees your server or not.
Pretty shit system, but that's it...

Your server is listed in the masterserver, but with a low rank (the order which the masterserver gives the gameserver IPs).

There is a very interesting piece of paper out in which someone presents a very good idea how to improve this system:

http://simula.no/~griff/nossdav2008/03-08.pdf

I've already sent this to Alfred months ago and he surprisingly responded to it. But I think it has very low prio hat valve. Hope never dies...

cheers

Marcel

turns out we are listed, only with a very low rank. :( so it only shows up on some people's list ..... that kind of sucks.