Marsh

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
In the midst of the murky swamplands lies an old Gray Gravel Co. warehouse that stores a large secret--a disabled raygun from Gray Gravel Co.'s days of weapons manufacturing that they have since abandoned in order to stay neutral in the battle between RED and BLU. RED and BLU both believe they could reactivate the raygun for their own nefarious purposes, but the problem of each corporation's mercenaries remains. In order to make sure there is absolutely no opposition in reactivating the raygun, each team has been instructed to leave no man alive. Or, if they know there's someone alive but he's sitting behind a sentry or hiding all invisible-like somewhere, just give it like a minute or so and go take the laser anyway.

This was just a little "for fun" thing I did to kill some time in the last three days while I figure out how in the world I'll pull off an explosion for Floodgates. Given the amount of time it took me to do this, it's not exactly amazing, but it was nice practice with displacements and detail work and gave me the opportunity to toy around with the swamp materials. I don't plan on updating this, but I will if such a thing is desired.

Last edited:

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
Eh. I probably should've given a little more thought to the building. I have a bad tendency to focus more on interior design than exterior with my buildings. I really love how I did the inside, but I do have to admit the whole outside is just sort of a boring shell. I could have done better with that, definitely. The spawning areas are better examples of what I'm capable of, I think.

It's nothing breathtaking, and I probably shouldn't have really even put it up, but I was feeling sorta proud of it when I was done and I had a bit of fun screwing around on it with a group of friends and no major gameplay issues seemed to come up, so I figured it wouldn't be bad to toss it on here. But the more I think about it the more I sorta regret it. Oh well! A little "for fun" thing doesn't really hurt, I guess.

Last edited:

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
The main building does need detailing and better design etc but I would be sure to play test it first, find the strengths and weaknesses of the building and CP zone and repair them before moving on to detailing and fine tuning :)

Weak_Y2FC

L1: Registered
Sep 6, 2010
Tested on a 20 player server, People loved your idea, the outside was beautiful with only a few criticisms on the swamp, A. the fog was paper thing, if there is a way to make the fog pop out instead of 2d, it would be fantastic, but if that is not possible, theres nothing you can do, and B. They wished the hills were higher up to hide players. As for the building in the middle, nobody liked it...nobody, As a matter of fact, I think this map would be greatly enhanced by simply removing the whole thing altogether. I'd give you constructive criticism about the building but, really...where do you begin..It's a gigantic warehouse that has nothing in it, 3 useless floors, empty space, no designs, poor lighting, bad capture point placement, easy to prolong arena games, just, NO, keep the swamp, lose the building