'Maps that need a comeback' Thread

Sep 1, 2009
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seems frozen is in space... or just high on the moonball image.... can't tell which

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
panic doesnt really need a comeback since, being one of most played customs, it hasnt disappeared :p

It exists in its own popularity paradox whereby it's both one of the most popular custom maps in TF2, but also the most likely map to empty the server.

I grow tired of everyone voting for it and then having the last round empty 4-5ths of the server.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
PS: Harribo is the fifth or sixth person to ask/comment about Hella lately. This coupled with the fact that (1) I like mapping and (2) I don't understand shit about how to fix pl or plr maps means I will likely begin working on it again soon.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
What's dead about it? He released an RC.

It could use a major overhaul. The details could be drastically different on each side.

It was more of a poke to him since we've been talking about it lately than anything.

Jan 20, 2010
I'm currently working on Corrode! Boylee is redoing the displacements for me (as I suck at it.)

Preview of CP4 as of current.
hammershot.png

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
It exists in its own popularity paradox whereby it's both one of the most popular custom maps in TF2, but also the most likely map to empty the server.

I grow tired of everyone voting for it and then having the last round empty 4-5ths of the server.

So sad and and true. Seems that once on the final round, people confuse "lack of teamwork" with "sucky map".

pl_jungle will always have a dear place in my heart.

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
I like this thread, myself being (relatively) new to mapping for TF2, so I've only played on ONE of these maps, and the others all look really cool!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well we should do some gamedays involving old mid-development maps. Maybe we can motivate some people to finish their half finished maps that were quite popular before they died.

We can continue to do map "resurrection" events until we run out of maps.

Last edited:

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I can guarantee that over 75% of the views on this thread are from people hoping to see their own map in here, who upon not seeing it, then promptly cry and leave

I did this, so I *may* as well link it to keep myself happy:

<.< pl_propane >.>

(ps I really do want it to make a comeback and finish it but fuck me I hate detailing)

Well we should do some gamedays involving old mid-development maps. Maybe we can motivate some people to finish their half finished maps that were quite popular before they died.

We can continue to do map "resurrection" events until we run out of maps.

Yes. This would probably prompt me to play more :3

I personally would like to see [url="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=16037]tc_greatplains[/url] make a return.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
cp_exchange
ctf_shadlands

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
No one's said any of my maps *runs off crying*

In all seriousness though, not actually sure I can think of any maps I made much progress on that I stopped and still want to finish.

The only one I can think of is strata which made it's comeback, several times.

As for other people's maps, damned if I can remember who made what and when and if it got finished. So uh, every map you didn't finish, go work on that again.

Regarding maps already mentioned, here are my +1's:
  1. Tachyon
  2. Highpass
  3. Whalerace

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Funnily enough, I was on a forum just yesterday where everyone was saying they hated Whalerace and that it should be taken off their server's rotation. Bear in mind that this was a server that has plenty of other "silly" maps in its rotation. I was stumped until I realized it violates the rule we always tell people about putting too much water in a map. So I dunno what to say about that.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
What rule? That's never said anywhere, it's not even one of those non-written rules. It's just something that never seems to happen here, no one but no one uses water.

(Though I do think the map is unnecessarily hard on pyros because of the water).