Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013

Garuda112

L1: Registered
Sep 4, 2013
Hello all, Garuda here.

I know its been a long time in updating our status in the UB maps project, but here's what is going on. It has been a bit hectic for all of us, but there is some progress to be said:

We have a map just about ready for testing, I'll give a preview below:

Pxehyjl.jpg

This map is Tminus, a Payload map within a missile factory/launch facility.

I'm observing the submissions for the Game Days and I don't know why people are posting thread IDs - what does that mean? Are maps required to be showcased in a thread, or something like that?

Thanks for all of your help, for steering us in the right direction. I am eager for you all to see what we've busily been working on this semester.
~Garuda112

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
People are expected to create a thread for each map while it's being worked on, yes. As well as uploading a copy to our site here.

TheBestUsername is right, by the way. It's customary to submit maps for testing long before they get to the point of looking that finished. I hope you've at least been doing regular playtesting during development, at least.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
The thread ID is for cataloging in the demo system. It's so you can find your map replay easier, or something.

Garuda112

L1: Registered
Sep 4, 2013
To all, thank you for the clarification on the thread IDs. It makes sense with what I was guessing at.

People are expected to create a thread for each map while it's being worked on, yes. As well as uploading a copy to our site here.

TheBestUsername is right, by the way. It's customary to submit maps for testing long before they get to the point of looking that finished. I hope you've at least been doing regular playtesting during development, at least.

We certainly have. There has been (almost) regular play testing each week of class. The reason why it looks this far along is because of the requirements - we were to make a release ready work by the latter end of the semester before we hit a Quality Assurance phase.

It's not like the advice won't go unheeded for future work. There is no doubt in my mind that all the maps coming out of this project will need significant overhauls, and of course it will take time to redo them. But, it was "the best foot forward" for our case - needless to say all of this has been (and will still be) a learning experience - even beyond college.