Mappers' cursed VMF scraps

L2: Junior Member
Aug 11, 2013
Have you ever been in a situation when you were going through your old vmfs trying to find something and encountered something extremely strange? An obscure box textured with HL2 sprites and one train prop inside? Maybe a part of when you were testing something that never got into an actual map or a gameplay feature. A file named "koth_broth" that is a actually a giant crocodile-shaped map. Maybe an Abraham Lincoln Bust made with carve tool?

Share your odds as a hammer screenshot, maybe with an explaination, preferably with filename if it's related / extremely unrelated to the map.

L2: Junior Member
Aug 11, 2013
unknown.png

unknown.png

Startacker!

WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
Not a TF2 map, and I don't have the vmf anymore (I had to ask someone I gave it to). Here's j.bsp. A hollow cylinder SPHERE made with carve.
20181003232639_1.jpg 20181003232650_1.jpg

detail_fuzzystuff.vmf, a detail test using Fuzzy's urban texture pack that I overwrote with a very real brick texture
upload_2018-10-3_23-30-6.png upload_2018-10-3_23-30-24.png

There's also some that aren't that notable visually but I like the name, such as "cp_whatever," (the first control point of cp_workstrained) "traintestingshit," and "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis."

P

Prosciutto

I have several vmf’s of either unfinished or unreleased maps, i can’t show screenshots right now but they all basicaly looked like beta maps even thought there a1’s,

I think one of them is a fully working halloween payload map that i never released since the layout sucked, it would take place in the town near mann manor

The second map was a koth map set in a mangrove, both teams would fight over a flower facility near the ocean, i think i based the mangrove theme of one of the worlds from donkey kong country tropical freeze, the entire map was too big and i didn’t like it so i scrapped it

I think after that i took a little break from mapping and later started working on the map that would become sludgepit