MapChamp (MixChamp's New Map Mixes)

erynn

L1: Registered
Feb 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

I run PugChamp/MixChamp which is the largest competitive tf2 pick up game site. Every Sunday we are planning on running what we call MapChamp where we pick 5 or 6 new maps geared towards competitive 6v6 to play all day on our NA and EU sites. We have done this over the past two Sundays and it has been extremely popular.

If you have a map in development that you would like tested or have a map that was made for 6s play please let me know about it. I might not check these forums too often but I can easily be reached on TFTV.

My goal is to try to facilitate regular positive and constructive feedback for map makers wanting to make 6v6 oriented maps. If you have feedback or comments for me on how I can make this a better experience for comp players and map makers alike, feel free to shoot me a message.

Thanks,
erynn

edit: This is where we talk about our weekly event: http://www.teamfortress.tv/39377/mapchamp-by-champ-gg

Last edited:

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
This thread got buried by 72hr Jam posts so now those are mostly over, I just wanna bump it for more people to see.

If you've considered making a competitive map or if you have one in development, this is the single best way of getting a map tested for competitive that we've ever had.

erynn

Feb 13, 2017
There is a pretty big interest in new KOTH maps, as well as figuring out what would make a good A/D map in terms of 6s. We also have a 6s oriented PL map that we have been trialing so PL is not out of the question either. If you haven't made a thread for your map on tftv, I highly suggest it so that we (comp players) can easily discuss it/download it and keep in contact with you.

Sep 28, 2016
Funny that you mention it, I'm working on a comp oriented koth map and I have ideas for a 6s payload map in the works!

My koth map is still under heavy development but after a few more iterations I plan to test it in scrims with my team. At the moment I'm focusing on making it more fun for general pub play.

erynn

Feb 13, 2017
Hey everyone, just a gentle reminder that we are still running these. We are on to week 5 this Sunday. If you have a comp oriented map that you would like for us to try in the future just let me know.