Map voting

H

Hurmoth

I'm relatively new to server side administration and I was wondering if someone could help me out with map voting.

I've been on other servers and seen where they allow the players vote for the next map and I was wondering if there is a mod/script out there that would allow me to do that with my own server.

K

killanator

ive seen rtv in a tf2 server before, i think we should get that for our server. that way we know which maps are better by how much they get played

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
On most of the custom map servers I've played in, in many games, map voting is almost a standard. Its really nice so you can play a lot of the maps you like even if the server has 30-100+ maps. Though it can be overused at times where people always vote their favorites and no other maps get played, even good ones that just aren't well known yet. People tend to vote for maps that they already have downloaded so they can play sooner, and so they wont be lost in a map they do not know, so don't automatically assume people like x map so much better than y map just because it is played more.

K

killanator

cept what they said earlier is a good reason not to...i wonder if its possible to do this, have 1 round people vote round after that its random? that way new maps get played but people can still get what they want? is it possible to do that?

Logo

L3: Member
Oct 25, 2007
Yeah it'd be nice if the server could allow voting but also have some enforced custom map choices thrown in for people.

Saikan

L1: Registered
Nov 1, 2007
I think having only custom (no stock) maps on the server with voting enabled = win.