Map that combines all themes in one?

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
You guys think we could make a map with Arctic, Japan, Swamp, Construction, Frontline, and Mayan themes?

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
nope

For one, packing all those assets would make the map huuuuuuuuuuuuuge

Secondly, some of those themes would really clash. Not sure having both Japan and Mayan in the same place would make much sense.

I mean, I was thinking of having Mayan ruins around as shrines / ancient ruins that were built thousands of years ago, and then using the Japanese assets for Rural housing / Dojos of sorts.

And then the frontline assets could be used for WW2 style propping. Arctic could probably be just limited to stuff like background objects, or maybe glaciers of some sort. And then swamp assets are pretty easy to mix in, I think Japan has some swampy areas.

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
Well, even if you can work all the themes into context, see my first point
Yeah I agree, pretty sure if it would be a full large map the file size would be 1 GB

Infomaniac

Nov 29, 2015
What about themes that haven't been done before like underwater or in the sky?

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
Underwater was done in cp_hadal by Fubar, and sky has been done in koth_cloudtop by Freyja, or even in cp_infinite by Egan.

We should go deeper and make one where there's no oxygen and it's also arena.

Call it trench and make it the ruins of a battleship, where red spawns in one small air cabin and blue spawns in another air cabin. And maybe add air bubbles which give you more breath.

Infomaniac

Nov 29, 2015
Underwater was done in cp_hadal by Fubar, and sky has been done in koth_cloudtop by Freyja, or even in cp_infinite by Egan.
I'm actually working on a underwater map, set in a secret underwater research facility :D

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
I'm working on a map with an urban and industrial theme. The thought was to have one fade into the other.

Dribbleondo - Au Yeah

L2: Junior Member
Jul 22, 2016
My reskin of Cactus Canyon that I'm making has a construction/ jungle/ mayann theme. Covers a lot of bases that does

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
I just thought, an alpha map potentially has every single theme we can think about. That's like potential energy or something.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I just thought, an alpha map potentially has every single theme we can think about. That's like potential energy or something.
FuCaWA6.jpg