Map suddenly is fullbright and shows many brushes that should be invisible

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

hooky

L2: Junior Member
Aug 1, 2012
I need to get to bed, so I'm going to keep this short for now.

My map just randomly started to make itself fullbright and many brushes. I can't find any issues (no leaks). Is there anything else that could cause this, or is Hammer just being Hammer?

Sep 7, 2012
It might not even be Hammer.

I was playing a lobby on cp_process_rc(2? 3?) yesterday and about halfway through playerclip brushes were visible on the red side, but with the missing texture stand-in (purple and black checkerboards). It might have been one of the last two updates.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
I'm opted into the sdk beta, using the most recent version, and when I compile a map I get the same issue as this. I think it's something with the beta compilers failing from that.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
I got a few perfect compiles in Hammer Beta. Now I am experiencing the exact same problem =(

Mar 23, 2010
i got same thing on first compile w/ new sdk

Toxindude

L3: Member
Aug 2, 2012
Follow this link http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=21166

Do exactly as he says. When your done only use hammer.bat to do your editing save your map there. Then open up SDK in steam run hammer but don't edit the map only use this to compile the map, it works perfectly I have done it.

Just an fyi incase your worried. Changing Game Config under Steam SDK does not affect the Hammer.bat editor they are both separate.