Map suddenly goes fullbright when playing.

Zurby

L2: Junior Member
Jul 18, 2016
Screenshot_6.png

I keep getting this at the end of every compile using Compile Pal, but I doubt it means anything...

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
1. Do you have a 3D skybox?

2. Is there a space in the 3D skybox for your map to fit into?

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Screenshot_6.png

I keep getting this at the end of every compile using Compile Pal, but I doubt it means anything...

This just means CompilePal doesn't know how to launch the game. I get the same error.

As for the map being completely black, this is just a really strange error with the Source engine, and the most reliable fix I know of is to move the entire map so that the origin (where the blue lines intersect in the 2d views) isn't anywhere inside the map.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
This just means CompilePal doesn't know how to launch the game. I get the same error.

As for the map being completely black, this is just a really strange error with the Source engine, and the most reliable fix I know of is to move the entire map so that the origin (where the blue lines intersect in the 2d views) isn't anywhere inside the map.
By that you mean "ensure that coordinate (0,0,0) isn't inside a brush.".

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
By that you mean "ensure that coordinate (0,0,0) isn't inside a brush.".

That's not what I meant. I've heard from some people that it's a good idea to not have your map even near the origin at all. Why exactly is beyond me, but that's mostly because I've never had origin-related bugs like this.

Zurby

L2: Junior Member
Jul 18, 2016
just wanna say, I tried to move it away from the origin but it didn't really do anything.

I also still have the "numplanes + fakeplanes >= MAX_MAP_PLANES" error, which u said could be caused by the " FindPortalSide errors". I kinda don't understand what those errors are. :s All I know is my map won't compile anymore due to that error.