Map runs fine for me, crashes for everyone else.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
You could try just directly targetting all players, or all players of the name you don't want them to have, rather than using a trigger.
From your logic_auto:
all entities of 'player' class
OnNewMultiRound > player > AddOutput > targetname notthespecialname
or all players that might be named
OnNewMultiRound > thespecialname > AddOutput > targetname notthespecialname

I... don't quite understand the noclip issue? I mean it is weird, but that shouldn't be a problem because one does not simply noclip around except for development...

Bread

L1: Registered
Apr 12, 2014
Ill give those a go, and yeah, I figured it wouldn't be a big deal except for cases where an admin might noclip around a map and crash the server.

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
I... don't quite understand the noclip issue? I mean it is weird, but that shouldn't be a problem because one does not simply noclip around except for development...

Sure they do. Any "fun" server has noclip on admins. Admins get bored. Noclip craziness ensues.

Bread

Apr 12, 2014
Looks like the map's all good now in terms of crashes. Recently uncovered a new issue though. When running the map on a server, even by myself on my dedicated server, I get really high latencies (150-220ms)
I've tried cutting up some viscluster to see if that would help, but I don't think it has.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
High latencies even when having a good connection? That means that the server is overloaded and can't run at the intended speed.

Bread

Apr 12, 2014
That's what I had figured, turns out it was the 12-14 prop_dynamic entities I had in the first section of the map. Removing them wasn't really a big deal.

Mar 23, 2013
That's what I had figured, turns out it was the 12-14 prop_dynamic entities I had in the first section of the map. Removing them wasn't really a big deal.

If this prop_dynamics were moving then the server has to update this position all the time and send the new location to every player, this probably caused the high latency.
Also prop_dynamic can add multiple edicts if they have bones, so you should especially remove them if you got problems with too many edicts.

Bread

Apr 12, 2014
Looks like the void crash is a big deal. I've been getting reports of crashes just from seeing the void by seeing through objects in thirdperson mode.

Edit: It also crashes them if they go into spectator mode and fly into the void.

Last edited: