map objective photos

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Non Action Man

L1: Registered
Sep 29, 2009
Hi Again,

I've got this to work once, but for the life of me, cant get it to work again.

I've gone through the tutorials on this site and others, but it still doesn't want to work. I have tried the vtex method, but i can't get that to work at all, it keeps coming up with errors and file problems. I assume its got something to do with running windows 7 64bit?

So I have been trying to do this through VTFEdit, but I'm unsure of the settings required to make it happen. It currently comes up with a black square where the picture should be, but it flashes up the image or part of the image for a very short time at random intervals.

Does anyone know what settings i need when i import the TGA and the settings needed when saving the VTF and making the VMT file?

This is the last thing that needs to be done to finish my map!

Thanks again,

NAM

Last edited:

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Do you mean mission-briefing photos (the objectives screen people see when they join), or do you mean the little objective-icons (red/blue/grey squares) shown at the bottom of the HUD?

FaTony

Banned
Mar 25, 2008
I've had same problem (black flickering). Try opening vmt file with text editor and change parameters. I've had to change the shader in my case, but I had flickering skybox.

Non Action Man

Sep 29, 2009
Sorry, the "it" is the menu_photos_mapname picture, the objective screen players seen just after joining.

I'll have a look at the vmt, but i really don't know what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

NAM

Last edited:

Non Action Man

Sep 29, 2009
All fixed!

Thanks for your help. I originally used the vmf file in the tutorial, but it didn't work. After looking at the file that VTFEdit made, and the one in the tutorial, i found out that the "\" should be "/" - it seems the ones in the tutorial are wrong.

Thank you all again!

NAM