Map missing bsp problem

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by skipperlink, Jan 2, 2016.

1. skipperlink

skipperlink L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello! i am currently working on my map koth_skip and when i went to compile it it ran the version of the map that i last compiled, i used to fix it by using "save as" and renaming the map, but no, the issue was still there, so i went and took out all my old koth_skip bsp, and vmf and kept koth_skip_a4 (the renamed one) and now i have this issue

Attached Files:

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    This is likely due to a compile error in the VBSP stage of your compile. Both VVIS and VRAD need the bsp file generated by VBSP to run, otherwise you get this error. Run your compile log trough here to see what error is causing VBSP to not put out a bsp file.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Your BSP wasn't compiled. It's probably due to an fatal error. Don't you have displacements with tool textures or entity displacements? They're only reasons of not continued BSP i met, they're probably much more.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. skipperlink

skipperlink L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks a bunch! it turned out i did something with a displacement and i solved the problem!