Map issue?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by billybobjoe251, Feb 9, 2013.

1. billybobjoe251

billybobjoe251 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    When I try to log onto a pl_thundermountain server, this pops up, http://puu.sh/1ZFl7
    I do not know how to fix this, nor i don't know how to reinstall the map, ideas/help?

Thanks!

2. Shanghai

Shanghai L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Either the server's version is older than your version, or your version is older than the server's version. I would suggest verifying the integrity of your game cache from the Steam library (I think that checks for update disparities but I'm not certain).

There's also this brand new technology around that lets you capture pictures of your screen from within the computer.

3. phi

aa phi Within The Vacuum Of Infinity...

Positive Ratings:
    First of all I would suggest heading into your steam\steamapps\*username*\team fortress 2\tf\maps folder and checking if there is any file named "pl_thundermountain" sitting there. If there is, delete it or rename it to something different. If there isn't than I'd recommend verifying your game cache.

4. billybobjoe251

Positive Ratings:
    i have, nothing there, and how do i verify my cache

5. phi

aa phi Within The Vacuum Of Infinity...

Positive Ratings:
    To verify your cache go into your Library, right-click on Team Fortress 2, select Properties, go to tab Local Files, and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

6. billybobjoe251

Positive Ratings:
    okay, ill ill give that a shot! thanks!