Map is leaking through skybox

Xerol

L1: Registered
Feb 7, 2011
I'm working on a map that's a giant indoor greenhouse, so I want the ceiling to be glass that then shows through to the skybox. I've searched, googled, etc. and most of what I've seen says that tools/toolsskybox will seal the map from leaks, yet my pointfile is saying there's a leak going right through the skybox brush.

The back sides of the void-facing brushes are all nodraw, I'm not sure if this is part of the problem or not. It seemed like a reasonable thing to do since those faces will never be seen in normal gameplay.

Here's the screenshots of the pointfile trace (my own hosting):

Starts from a small ammo pack to the left of the ramp in the bottom-left.

Goes up through the glass ceiling, bounces around a few times...

Then out through the skybox! The skybox is definitely painted on a world brush and not an entity.

If I put another brush on top that's with a solid texture (just a dev/measurewall01a) it builds without leaks, but then I end up seeing that brush through the ceiling, and not seeing the skybox at all.

This is my first serious attempt at mapmaking, so if someone could point out the blatantly obvious thing I forgot to do I'd be grateful.

Bonus screenshot: The map has a hedge maze.

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
First, make any brush that is texture in toolssky completely textured in tools sky. Secondly make sure that the edges from the bottom of the sky to your walls are also sky, or that your walls meet the bottom of the sky.

Xerol

L1: Registered
Feb 7, 2011
First, make any brush that is texture in toolssky completely textured in tools sky. Secondly make sure that the edges from the bottom of the sky to your walls are also sky, or that your walls meet the bottom of the sky.

First thing fixed it. Everything was already pretty well sealed. Thanks.