Map is differnt in game from hammer

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Keir, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Keir

Keir Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, I'm fairly new to mapping and this is my first real problem.

I've been working on my map with no problems, every now and then going in game to check to see it's comming along alright :)

But I've just saved it again after making some new rooms, but when I go in game the new features are not there, whats going on?

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    you have an error in your new changed map. when you go in game since your new map wasnt compiled *because of error* it will run the one that was old, with no errors.

The log check for LEAK or ERROR

3. Keir

Keir Guest

Positive Ratings:
    ahh right well here's the log, I can't seem to find anything wrong, or just don't know what I'm looking for.

:confused1:

4. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    I'm horribly bad at reading logs, however you want to post the file i can look at your .vmf.

5. Brandished

Brandished L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I had this happen to me today, I managed to fix by deleting my older compiles of the map in my mapsrc and tf2 maps directory. Hammer occasionally has an error were it won't overwrite existing maps correctly. After deleting the older compiles the new one worked and showed up with the changes.

6. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    This looks like the problem to me. Go to View Menu>Go To Brush Number and enter that in, see if there is anything noticeably wrong with it to fix, or just delete it and remake that brush.

7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
  8. Keir

Keir Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I dunno what I'm doing wrong here, but when I enter any number, and 3394 ofcourse I says "The brush ID does not exist."

9. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    could be because it is invalid, search for it manually, its one youve edited since the last time it compiled properly.

10. Keir

Keir Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know what you mean sorry, I found a new button thought lol.
    "Check for problems" heh There was 3 "Angle" problems, just clicked fixed. lol oops. :drool1:

11. TheFragMan

TheFragMan L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I would also try doing what Brandished recommended. Same thing has happened to me.

12. Keir

Keir Guest

Positive Ratings:
    It wont find any brushes that way tho :(
    It's sorted now anyway.