1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Map halp

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by NoirSuede, Feb 17, 2013.

1. NoirSuede

NoirSuede L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I‘ve just finished making the cp area for my koth map, but after putting the light_enviroment, when i test it in game i can‘t see anyting except the health pack and the cp. Halp?

2. Vaconcovat

Vaconcovat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Has your map Leaked?
    Check near the top of your compile log, you'll see something like

***Leaked**** Entity prop_static leaked! (123,123,123)

3. NoirSuede

Positive Ratings:
    No, the map didn't leaked, it looked like this :
    [​IMG]

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Do you have brushes with a skybox texture?
    Because only does emits light.

5. NoirSuede

Positive Ratings:
    Never mind, fixed that, but a few questions for my map so far :
    [​IMG]

1.Does this map layout good enough ? do i have to add more sightline blockers ?
    2.What's the best item to block the BLU side of the map from the RED side of the map ?

6. NoirSuede

Positive Ratings:
  7. Deodorant

Deodorant L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It looks pretty big, open and plain. I suggest you vary the landscape a bit, as a big square of flat ground isn't very fun to fight on. You might want to add some more architecture as well.
    But don't listen to me, I'm a terrible mapper. Look at and think about good maps, do your best to put together a fun and balanced map, then enter it in gamedays and change it with the feedback you receive.

I also recommend you to make a thread in the Map Workshop for your map. A thread called 'Map halp' isn't a very good medium for advertising it.

8. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    And I think it looks fullbright.
    I don't know what to say now.

9. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    It looks very open, flat, and boring, like Deodorant said. For reference, you could look at existing maps and see what they use to break up areas - usually buildings and the like. Also, if your picture shows the entire map, you'll need to make it bigger. Viaduct is good to compare your map against, size-wise.