Map Error

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Untouch, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Untouch

Untouch L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

I'm not getting any errors in the compiling window or the Check For Problems tool.

I don't have a pointfile for some reason.

What do I do?

2. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Someone will give you a better answer, but sometimes just copying everything from one vmf into a new vmf and recompiling can fix the error.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Er, just looks like a memory error. Sometimes happens if you button bash a load of shortcuts, or if your RAM has a fit if you're doing something you probably shouldn't in Hammer. Does this happen often?

4. Untouch

Positive Ratings:
    It happens a lot, but normally after a recompile it'll work, this error is constant, even after restarting my computer.

5. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Its happened to me after a compile, doing nothing abnormal, while I try to run TF2.

Oh yea, in my experience a bad stair case has also caused the game to crash like that. Its nothing I intentionally did. I know I'm not being specific, just lending examples.

6. Untouch

Positive Ratings:
    Confirmed this is related to the map and not hammer or tf2.

One of the brushes is corrupt, this time I don't know which 1 :(

7. chickenm4n

chickenm4n L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    well run your compile log through this http://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errors

depending on the error, it might identify the coordinates of your corrupt brush, and then you can just enter it into "go to cooridinates" and it'll center the camera on the brush.