Map doesnt work

mr.visitor

L1: Registered
Jul 26, 2010
hi guys
new to this site
im made a tf2 map then I saved it in another name then when i try to compile it, it shows this

** Executing...
** Command: "d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\team fortress 2\tf" "D:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul 7 2010)
3 threads
materialPath: d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\team fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading D:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Error: displacement found on a(n) func_detail entity - not supported (entity 174, brush 0)

** Executing...
** Command: "d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\team fortress 2\tf" "D:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jul 7 2010)
3 threads
reading d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap.bsp
Error opening d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\team fortress 2\tf" "D:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jul 7 2010)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
3 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap.bsp
Error opening d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "D:\GAMES\Steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_newmap.bsp" "d:\games\steam\steamapps\totoy_ugat\team fortress 2\tf\maps\cp_newmap.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

im new to mapping so i dont know what this means. i would like to know what should i do

Firest0rm

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 27, 2009
you have a displacement that's a func_detail. Displacements can't be entities. i'm not sure how to find the displacement that is causing a problem, so you might have to manually select every displacement in your map, and de-entify them (ctrl-shift-w)

here is a compile log checker to check future errors, but i tried the solution it suggested for your map and it didn't work.

Last edited:

mr.visitor

L1: Registered
Jul 26, 2010
ok i will try what you said

edit: k my map works again. and also thanks for the link to the compile log checker

thread can be closed now

Last edited: