Map Design Help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Cartastrophe ⎝✙⎠, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Cartastrophe ⎝✙⎠

Cartastrophe ⎝✙⎠ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, all! I'm having a bit of a predicament with a map i'm working on. The map is inspired by beach warfare, and uses the Frontline asset pack. Development is fairly smooth so far, even if it is only my second map. But; O just cant figure out how im going to cover up spawn. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, id greatly appreciate them! Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    Which team's spawn is this and what location is it at? Also, what gamemode?

3. Cartastrophe ⎝✙⎠

Positive Ratings:
    The image shows Red spawn, but it is an issue with both spawns, and the map is a Koth gamemode. As to it's location, the spawns are to the left and right of the capture point, and are just around their respective corners(From the top view of Hammer)

4. MrGhost The Flying Flail

MrGhost The Flying Flail L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You could break the spawn in sections of like a wooden wall. That way you can have a place to resupply and ontop of the wall you could use the block bullet tool to prevent anyone from shooting in or over the wall.

5. Cartastrophe ⎝✙⎠

Positive Ratings:
    Ive thought of something similar to that, like a temporary base that the teams threw up. However, it just doesn't fit the theme of beach warfare, and breaks the 'immersion' in a way. But thanks for your input either way!

6. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs Bad at TF2, Loves Mapping For TF2

Positive Ratings:
    Do what Valve did for Degroot Keep, and make it medieval. If you don't want that, then make the spawn room a boat

7. protist ❀

protist ❀ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Make one team spawn on boats/troop carriers and the other in bunkers. Suddenly you have koth_dday!

8. Cartastrophe ⎝✙⎠

Positive Ratings:
    Both sides are currently in carriers, and i dont think thats going to change much