map crashes the server....

H

Haas

Okey i have no idea how i did it but i did it...
My map is reported to crash servers.
I did the bot test and with 24 bots a had no problem i played like 3 rounds with 24 bots shooting around and nothing went wrong.
I have no leaks no problems except the player start but that is just stupid.
Only copile errors are the make_triangles:calc_triangle_representation: Cannot convert
and ontoher one that is stated to have almost no effect on your map. I got one server log of one crashed server and is showed nothing more then changelevel so that did not helped me very much....
This is my compile log:

compile log is attached

Last edited by a moderator:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
have you got cameras in your map? Adding cameras (info_observer_point) and changing the server's mp_forcecamera to 2 or 3 shouuld work (worked for my map that did the same thing)

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
Download the file to uncap your local maxplayers in files and do "maxplayers 32" before you load the map, then you can load 31 bots and yourself to test. If it crashes with over 24, you'll never know if you didn't test with that many. This is assuming it's the edict crash.

H

Haas

have you got cameras in your map? Adding cameras (info_observer_point) and changing the server's mp_forcecamera to 2 or 3 shouuld work (worked for my map that did the same thing)
I have one but since when did this started to happen, because my map crashed a server before the badlands update.
But i made a possible fix for that and now I again get the crash from some one else. This could be that bug but how can I know :(
How can I uncap the 32 players?

Last edited by a moderator: