Map crashes TF2

miwo

L1: Registered
Feb 27, 2013
Hello everyone.

I'm working on a map (called cp_miwo for now). It's in an early alpha stage--so all dev textures, a few large props, healthpacks, spawnrooms, doors, control points, etc. for now.

On its latest iteration, I added some spawn areas, a few doors, and a couple lights. When I compiled the map, I didn't get any errors, and when I checked for errors it came up clean. So far, so good. But when I actually opened TF2 to test the map, TF2 crashed without warning. I did a little bit of research, and found that this may be related to something with the bot navigation mesh. I was using bots to test the map before, so I deleted the .nav folder in my TF2. It still crashed.

Then, I copied everything in the map over to a new map, and compiled and saved that map. It's still crashing.

Please help me. I'm pretty new to Hammer and TF2 mapping in general, so I don't really know what could be causing this, or how the navs are built (or if that's even what's making my game crash).

Okay, it's been fixed! I deleted the .nav file and the .ain file in the maps/graphs/ folder and it seemed to clear the errors up.

Last edited: