Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming

Map crashes on payload capping Stage 1's last point

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by DrSquishy, Dec 12, 2018.

1. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    A payload map I'm currently working on has had stage 2 added, and now whenever stage 1's final point is capped the game will freeze (and I'll have to manually close it). -condebug gives nothing useful from what I can see, no crash reports are given. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be occuring, and what entities might be involved with the crashing?

2. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    Alt+p for errors? Is the last path_track connected to the next stages next one?

Check names of entities on train watcher and path track names. Most likely some path_track name is non existant and it crashes due to that.

3. ficool2

ficool2 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Have you already tried using con_logfile and developer 2 together and seeing the exact I/O it crashes at?

4. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    Tracks between stages connected, path_track names are all correct, just corrected a wrong name on the second team_control_round(referencing the final CP). alt+p gives nothing else anomolous

5. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    (554.51) input sspl_train: sspl_path_end.InPass()
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_pushzone,Enable,10.0)()
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_train,Stop)()
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_pushzone,Disable)()
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_pushzone,Enable)()
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_train,TeleportToPathTrack,10.0)(sspl_path_start_s2)
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (cp_two,SetOwner,0.1)(3)
    Removing from action list: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (cp_two,SetOwner)
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (cp_two_prop,Skin)(1)
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_capturebell,PlaySound)()
    Removing from action list: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (cp_two_prop,Skin)
    Removing from action list: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_capturebell,PlaySound)
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_pushzone,CaptureCurrentCP)()
    (554.50) output: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_cartsparks,StopSpark)()
    Removing from action list: (path_track,sspl_path_end) -> (sspl_pushzone,CaptureCurrentCP)
    (554.52) input sspl_path_end: sspl_pushzone.Disable()
    (554.52) input sspl_path_end: sspl_train.Stop()
    (554.52) input sspl_path_end: sspl_pushzone.Enable()
    (554.52) input sspl_path_end: sspl_capturebell.PlaySound()
    (554.52) input sspl_path_end: sspl_cartsparks.StopSpark()
    (554.52) input sspl_path_end: sspl_cartsparks.StopSpark()
    (554.52) input sspl_path_end: cp_two_prop.Skin(1)
    (554.52) input sspl_path_end: sspl_pushzone.CaptureCurrentCP()
    (554.52) output: (team_control_point,cp_two) -> (sspl_train,SetParent)(2bigelevatorfinal)
    (554.52) output: (team_control_point,cp_two) -> (2bigelevatorfinal,SetSpeed,1.0)(1)
    (554.52) output: (team_control_point,cp_two) -> (2bigelevatorfinal,StartForward,1.0)()
    Blocking load of scene from 'scenes/Player/Pyro/low/1406.vcd'
    This is what's given

6. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe the 2bigelevatorfinal entity has wrong path_track name? When trains start to move, might cause a crash.

7. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    The tracktrain has been working in the past though. I'll give it a look, perhaps it's an issue with the cart being parented to the elevator?

8. savvaisnotagirlolbbq

savvaisnotagirlolbbq L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just checked, the parenting of the elevator is not the issue as the crash occurs without 2bigelevatorfinal

EDIT: All fixed now, the entity team_control_point_round was missing the third point

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming