Map Concept/Idea cp_RedMann'sShip (Title Not Final)

Lint

L1: Registered
May 9, 2017
I have a concept/idea for a attack/defend map that has blue trying to get control of a ship owned by red,
it's a three part map like dustbowl so it has three stages.

1: Blue has to get in to the ship form the port.

2: Then get to the deck from the ships lower interior.

3: And finally tacking the point in the ships control room and in tern tacking over the ship.

This ship may be a ship for transporting goods or something so the ship should look like its made for that.

I made some extremely rough PNGs that i made, (warning bad drawings coming up)

Black Bord Instructions
mapconsept.png

First Two Points on Ship Port
Mapconsept2.png

These are bad drawings but i hope you get the point. I jest think it's a cool idea that should come true.
Don't know if anyone will pick this up but whatever... :)

Edit: Man i didn't know anything.

Last edited:

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
p.s il probably pay with cosmetics and cards.
I just want you to know making a full map takes a LONG time and it's unlikely anyone would do it for a few USD worth of virtual items. You might wanna consider offering real money.

The Guy You Know

Jun 18, 2016
that would be a cool concept for a map but trying to make a ship that looks nicewould be a challenge especially with world brushes

Lint

May 9, 2017
Welcome to the real world folks! Where good dreams die unless you so them your self! The biggest problem is that i don't know how to design the map for every class... and i don't know how to make a server to test my maps with real players... and hammer is complicated... @Muddy

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Welcome to the real world folks! Where good dreams die unless you so them your self! The biggest problem is that i don't know how to design the map for every class... and i don't know how to make a server to test my maps with real players... and hammer is complicated... @Muddy
If these were unsolvable, there'd not be a single mapper out here.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Welcome to the real world folks! Where good dreams die unless you so them your self!
You got that right!

The biggest problem is that i don't know how to design the map for every class... and i don't know how to make a server to test my maps with real players... and hammer is complicated... @Muddy
Like any new program, it's pretty daunting at first, but it's really not that difficult to use. There's plenty of documentation to get you started - the Developer Wiki (and its TF2 Mapping hub) are very handy to refer to, as is @Crash's How To Make TF2 Maps Youtube series.

And, ultimately, you're not expected to make a perfect map on your first try. Mapping is a highly iterative process. Mess around with Hammer, get something that basically functions, and get it tested on our servers - the community will be happy to give advice on how to improve your work.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
By joining the Steam group chat (direct link) and entering this command:

Code:
!add (map name) (download link) (notes)

This will add your map to a list of maps to be tested at the earliest opportunity - when a map test happens, an announcement will be made on the Steam group. The bot that keeps the list of maps should also send you a PM when your map is being played on one of the TF2Maps servers.

Alternatively (or you can do both of these things), you can create a download for your map and write in its description that you'd like for it to be submitted for a test.