Map Compiling Error "Windows cannot find the file specified."

QuickNinjaCat

L1: Registered
Feb 26, 2015
Hi. I'm fairly new to mapping, and I have a HUGE problem when I compile my map. I don't know whats wrong. Here's the compile log:
Code:
** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\brian_000\Desktop\Source Mapping\TF2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Mar 11 2015)
4 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\materials
Loading C:\Users\brian_000\Desktop\Source Mapping\TF2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides...Bad detail brush side

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\brian_000\Desktop\Source Mapping\TF2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Mar 11 2015)
4 threads
reading c:\users\brian_000\desktop\source mapping\tf2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage.bsp
Error opening c:\users\brian_000\desktop\source mapping\tf2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\brian_000\Desktop\Source Mapping\TF2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Mar 11 2015)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
4 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[37 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\brian_000\desktop\source mapping\tf2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage.bsp
Error opening c:\users\brian_000\desktop\source mapping\tf2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\brian_000\Desktop\Source Mapping\TF2\ctf_storage\ctf_storage.bsp" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps\ctf_storage.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

I have had this problem before, but I cannot remember how I fixed it. I do use the Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack.

Thanks for reading and I hope I or somebody fixes my problem! :)
- QuickNinjaCat

Last edited:

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
It's this line right here:

This usually means you tried to use multiple tool textures (trigger, nodraw, etc.) on the same brush, and in most cases that causes a compile error. You can find the offending brush by unchecking everything in the visgroups except for tool brushes and triggers and looking for it in the 3D view.

For future reference, bookmark this handy page which checks your compile log for errors and tells you how to fix them :)

QuickNinjaCat

L1: Registered
Feb 26, 2015
It's this line right here:

This usually means you tried to use multiple tool textures (trigger, nodraw, etc.) on the same brush, and in most cases that causes a compile error. You can find the offending brush by unchecking everything in the visgroups except for tool brushes and triggers and looking for it in the 3D view.

For future reference, bookmark this handy page which checks your compile log for errors and tells you how to fix them :)
Oh. I think I know what you mean. I have a spot in my map that has the "clip" texture on all faces except for one, which has a fence texture. I was trying to have a fence that I could shoot through. Thanks a lot! :O