MannCave2 B3

Discussion in 'Non-Standard Maps' started by Livelong, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Livelong

Livelong L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am interested in getting feedback on this map.

Description (For reference):
    Manncave2_b3 is an infinite-time(Or at least as close as humanly possible) KOTH map, featuring heavy use of colored lighting, dev textures, and 54 physics objects.
    The main balancing features include ejecting exits, aggressive anti-spawncamp, and fake walls to thwart snipers.
    Download, take a look, and enjoy!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing Back home in Jupiter, things are getting harder

Positive Ratings:
    Point 1. Awesome name, mann
    2. The map description makes this seem like gimmick heaven (which would cause gameplay to suffer). Try brightening things up quite a bit and adding a few alternate routes to the point
    3. Just w word of warning, you're going to have a tough time getting this playtested in the next few weeks, as there's a contest going on that requires a lot of testing. Be patient, though.
    4. Releasing straight to Beta? Usually a map that's focusing more on gameplay than detailing progression will be in the Alpha stage.
    5. With 54 physics objects, I would expect this map to lag quite a bit when played on a full server.

Anyways, keep this up, and remember to iterate! :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  4. Livelong

Livelong L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the feedback; I used only-colored lighting mostly because the white light compared with the already-color-lit areas looked bleachy in comparison.