Mann Mountain

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Author: Joe 'Fr0z3nR' Radak
If you want to look at how I've done things for this map, please ask me and I will tell you! (Please do not decompile this map without asking for permission first!)

Thanks to Zenneth (? I forget) for the map name!

Why are we doing Go Karts now? Why not I say! Race with your team to finish the most laps the quickest! Avoid perilous obstacles! Use Magic Spells! Eat Dirt, maggot!

A full functioning battle race track with the new Cart Mechanics. Enjoy.

Last edited:

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Cave Johnson: "Welcome Gentlemen, to Aperture Science Labs, Valve's personal testing grounds. Today we'll be shipping you park bench warmers to our TF2 Mapping Testing Facility. TF2MTF for short. Today you'll be testing some new go-karts that we ripped from some 'cursed' fairground on some sorta video game-like map you see from those freaks over in Japan. Be warned though, you are not the control group to this test. The control group got real guns, and were prisoners who we think were involved with the murders of homeless people. So if you happen to see anyone out on the track with a gun, chances are you should probably call us, because you'll probably be dead before we even realize you're dead."

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Sorry for being off topic, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen/noticed your name... now, tell me, WHY have you not made a map named Radakal? You must remedy this grievous error posthaste.

and uhh, I should probably get into this cart thing... I made an airboat map in HL2DM.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Sorry for being off topic, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen/noticed your name... now, tell me, WHY have you not made a map named Radakal? You must remedy this grievous error posthaste.

and uhh, I should probably get into this cart thing... I made an airboat map in HL2DM.

I'm egotistical and narscissitic, but I'm not THAT egotisitical and narscissitic.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
Fr0Z3n said:
Thanks to Zenneth (? I forget) for the map name!
Yes, it was me!
However considering the name is literally just an amalgamation of Mann Manor and Mountain Lab I wouldn't really consider it my idea.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
Suggestion:
Use models/props_halloween/halloween_gift.mdl for your tf_spell_pickup entities for a better (imo) Mario Kart-like feeling.

tdealwithit

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
You can cheat by using the parachute spell when under the wooden bridge, and by that, getting way ahead of everyone.
Just like a real cart racer.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
a2:
Added Dash Pads which give 3-4 seconds of Dash.
Added a Dash Jump: Jump to a new location if you dash, if not? Miss!
Added Saws! Because they're dangerous, right?
Narrowed some track parts so that things weren't so spread out.
Fixed some Teleporters not working
Fixed it so that players won't get stuck on each other when they teleport at the same time.

JaCuS

L1: Registered
Jul 1, 2011
can you give me a template or something... on bumper cars setup etc.?
i want to turn this ol' piece of geometry into some useful track:D
C42ACD7773A9DE0A358598B384838D9083607EC8

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014

Apple iDerp

Jun 11, 2010
So which entities are you using to take care of the score?

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I use 2 trigger multiples, 1 filtered for red, the other to blue. Whenever a player goes through the trigger (and thus teleport also) the trigger fires an output to a math_counter, which keeps track of the number of people who have gone through.

I have a logic_case with 5 cases, 1 for each 10 laps. On each 10, it will fire off a display saying "___ has completed X/50 laps" ... but on the fifth case, whoever gets there first, wins. So it'll fire off that teams win commands.

Apple iDerp

Jun 11, 2010
I use 2 trigger multiples, 1 filtered for red, the other to blue. Whenever a player goes through the trigger (and thus teleport also) the trigger fires an output to a math_counter, which keeps track of the number of people who have gone through.

I have a logic_case with 5 cases, 1 for each 10 laps. On each 10, it will fire off a display saying "___ has completed X/50 laps" ... but on the fifth case, whoever gets there first, wins. So it'll fire off that teams win commands.

That's a lot simpler than I thought it would be. Thanks.

Acadium

Playtest Extraordinaire
Apr 20, 2013
Could you refine the teleporters a little? I don't like being on the final turn before the end of the track and falling off, only to be teleported back 1/3 the track.