Model Mann co crate

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Jokerz123, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Jokerz123

Jokerz123 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i know I'm new, i don't know if i should request something being new, but the depths of my expertise does not extend this far, which is to say i tried and failed horribly.

I'm wondering if someone can model the Mann Co. Crate.
    its been everywhere and i have some ideas for some pictorial ideals but i need the crate.

if someone could do that i would love you forever and EVER!

also if you make the chain around the crate removable .... well you would be amazing.

again i know I'm new, but as i said, i can't do it, maybe someone here could help me out.

2. Pc_Madness

Pc_Madness L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    The mann co crate is just the normal tf2 crate: models/props_hydro/barrel_crate_half.mdl If you want it smaller however, you can decompile the model (theres tutorials on here) and use QC commands to shrink it to a smaller size.

The padlock + chain though you're going to need a model for.

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Are you sure it's the hydro crate? I thought I read something on the wiki about Valve modeling it for the screenshot and leaving the textures in the game files but not the model itself?

4. Mick-a-nator

aa Mick-a-nator

Positive Ratings:
    Looks an awful lot like the afore mentioned crate, I think the model in you are thinking of is the chain wrapped around it.

5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  6. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    Too bad they didn't include the chain and the paint cans as map assets. It'd be pretty nice to have a decent chain & padlock for doors.

Kep

7. DaBeatzProject

aa DaBeatzProject

Positive Ratings:
    There IS a padlock prop! Just no chain though.

8. Jokerz123

Jokerz123 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    hm, hydro model will work, just need to edit the .vmf there is a chain model i have from .... somewhere...either way thank you guys, :)