Model Mann co crate

Jokerz123

L1: Registered
Jan 29, 2009
i know I'm new, i don't know if i should request something being new, but the depths of my expertise does not extend this far, which is to say i tried and failed horribly.

I'm wondering if someone can model the Mann Co. Crate.
its been everywhere and i have some ideas for some pictorial ideals but i need the crate.

if someone could do that i would love you forever and EVER!

also if you make the chain around the crate removable .... well you would be amazing.

again i know I'm new, but as i said, i can't do it, maybe someone here could help me out.

Pc_Madness

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 31, 2009
The mann co crate is just the normal tf2 crate: models/props_hydro/barrel_crate_half.mdl If you want it smaller however, you can decompile the model (theres tutorials on here) and use QC commands to shrink it to a smaller size.

The padlock + chain though you're going to need a model for.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Are you sure it's the hydro crate? I thought I read something on the wiki about Valve modeling it for the screenshot and leaving the textures in the game files but not the model itself?

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Too bad they didn't include the chain and the paint cans as map assets. It'd be pretty nice to have a decent chain & padlock for doors.

Kep

Jokerz123

L1: Registered
Jan 29, 2009
hm, hydro model will work, just need to edit the .vmf there is a chain model i have from .... somewhere...either way thank you guys, :)