Making props move over a conveyor

Archmage MC

L2: Junior Member
Jun 17, 2011
Now I'm having troubles making props move on a func_conveyor. I know they don't normally run on it, so I made a func_tracktrain with a small nodraw box and parented the prop to it.

Path_tracks move the tracktrain 200 hammers along the brush until they hit a hole they are being dumped into, where they fall at 500 hammers via path_tracks, then are supposedly teleported to the first path_track to loop the process by having the flag on the first path_track checked that says "Teleport to THIS path track".

Now the problem is that the prop doesn't move with its parent, and some props seem to just teleport way off the map for no reason. Why would this be, and did I do what I was trying to do incorrectly?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
might be physics related. Your prop should ideally have physics disabled. If you're confused about what's happening with the train try covering it in a texture so you can see where it's going etc.

Archmage MC

Jun 17, 2011
Ok, I got everything to work correctly. However I get this error in console when running the map in the engine.

Bad SetLocalAngularVelocity(181.183380,-12000.000977,0.000000) on debree_2

Anyone know how to fix that?

Oct 6, 2008
I'm getting the same error on one of my death carts - I have no idea what it means either but if it's any help to you it doesn't or hasn't effeted the game play in my map.

So far I've just ignored it with no issues but for the sake of the experts who may know the reason does you path track use teleports? It might have something to do with that - mine has teles on them.

Riever

Nov 25, 2011
Hi,

Don't think its a teleport problem. Have the same on the 2 ghosts in my map (both func_trains) and there are no teleports. I thought it was something to do with the fact that I had the train turning a very tight corner, but cannot prove it.

Equally I cannot fix it at present. Sorry. will post if I get a solution, or perhaps someone more experienced will be able to help.

Oct 6, 2008
You might be onto something with the tight corners - mine go around several at a high rate of spead.

I'll have to look at the cart settings again - I remember choosing one over the other because if I didn't the cart would go down the track like it was an object falling through space - it would tumble end over end while rotating. It would be a very cool effect for a space type of map though.