Making my first map. Need some help regarding CP's

Slintas

L1: Registered
Aug 4, 2009
Hello there people.

I'm trying my luck at making my first TF2 map, ever, and I've hit a roadblock.

You see. I've made a map where each teams CP are located near the opposite teams base. You you would have to break through the other teams defenses while trying to cap your point at the same time.

BLU owns the capture point RED must capture, and RED owns the capture point BLU must capture.

I've also set them to that they can only be capped by the other team. (RED can only capture the point BLU currently owns.

But when I go to try my map, select whatever team I want to play as, and then go capture the point, the game crashes, giving me this error message:

errorirl.png

I've uploaded the map here if you want to take a look and see if you can spot what I've done wrong. This would be very much appreciated.

http://download155.mediafire.com/jigt4tog0bdg/nnjlnyyjlzn/OrangeTestMap_01.vmf

Last edited:

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
You should upload the .vmf, not the .bsp

.bsp - Playable one
.vmf - Editable one

kiR 。◕‿‿◕。

Aug 6, 2009
Unfortunately I cant answer your question Slintas, but I also have a similar problem regarding CP's.

My cp's are set up the same way, red can only cap blues, and blue can only cap reds, and each owns their cp.
My problem is, when blu caps the point it crashes my game, but it works fine when red caps.
Cant figure out what the problem is for the life of me, the CP's are literally the same except for the Outputs, so Im guessing thats the problem.. but they look ok to me :<

Axis Denied

Jul 20, 2009
Make sure your indexes are different since I think I had this problem before and it was because two of the caps had the same index (I THINK that was the same problem, don't remember).

kiR 。◕‿‿◕。

Aug 6, 2009
The index's are different, marked 1 and 2. Here, let me show you what each trigger looks like.
Outputs for both cap points:
(Red's CP aka Blu's condition to win)
OnCapTeam1 | cp_2_prop | skin | 1 | 0.00 | no
OnCapTeam2 | cp_2_prop | skin | 2 | 0.00 | no
OnCapTeam2 | winblu | RoundWin | | 0.00 | no

(Blu's CP aka RED's condition to win)
OnCapTeam1 | cp_1_prop | Skin | 1 | 0.00 |no
OnCapTeam1 | winred | RoundWin |0.00 | no
OnCapTeam2 | cp_1_prop | Skin | 2 |0.00 | no

Again not sure if that will help at all, the other aspects of the triggers are nearly the same except for the variable identifiers, like team and names etc.

Slintas

Aug 4, 2009
I figured it out. I had not yet set the control point thingy to which control point the trigger was to.. well... trigger :X

Sorry for taking up your time guys. Next time I have a problem, I'll make sure to go through everything again, to make sure I can solve it myself.

Not bad for a first timer though, am I right? ;)