Making models the right size in 3DS Max

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by static2601, Jul 23, 2011.

1. static2601

static2601 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Im wondering how i would know how to make the right sized model in 3DS Max. Im trying to add a rocket to my map and i cant make it in hammer without running into errors like micro brushes, so i have to make it in 3DS Max but i dont know what size to make it so it fits properly in my map. It would be nice if i could put a info_playerspawn in it to measure with. What 3DS units = hammer units or how do i determine how big to make my model.
    I have basic knowledge in 3DS Max but never made a model for TF2. Ive been reading Tuts all day and night to learn how to do everything, and so far that is the only thing i can't figure out. any help is much appreciated like always. thanks

2. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Wrong forum, first of all.

Second, 3dsMax default units are the same as Source units, so it's a 1:1 scale.

3. AgeNt_

AgeNt_ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    unless of course you are using meters. (my instructors used meters, i never caught on)
    then that is something i don't know.

4. AgeNt_

AgeNt_ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    EDIT: stupid double post (im on really bad internet) my bad

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  5. T1000

T1000 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  6. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Customize --> Units --> Generic Units

or

block out your thing in hammer, and then export the mesh to dxf(file --> Export to DXF iirc), and import it into max and then just make it the same size as that.