1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Making good CP's

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by archey, Oct 17, 2009.

1. archey

archey L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello,

In my map I have 3 Capture Points, but when i'm testing it and i cap the first, it ends the round, how can i make them so when you cap the first, the secon becomes available? Also any team can cap them.

2. MoonQuake

MoonQuake L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. archey

Positive Ratings:
    Not sure you understood me, I'm not looking to make capture points, just looking to change them so when the first one is capped, the second is available. This is an achievement map.

4. MoonQuake

MoonQuake L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry. It just sounded to me like you were missing the basics of a CP map like how to set a neutral CP, and make it available only to a certain team which the above tutorial covers wonderfully.

5. archey

Positive Ratings:

Yeah, all 3 of mine are nuetral, if i set the first one to any team, as soonas the map starts, that team wins. And if its nuetral, and a team caps it, the round restart, which i don't want.

I want it to be like:

First, and Second CP are nuetral, then when a team caps the first, the second gets unlocked, allowing people to get the achievement where they start capping within 1 second.

I hope i explained it right :p

Thanks,
    Archey

6. Gadget

aa Gadget

Positive Ratings:
    You have to set "Previous Required Points" on your team_control_points and maybe check the properties of your team_control_point_master, team_control_point_round and game_round_win. Something isn't set right but it's quite impossible to tell without a source vmf file of those entities you're using.

7. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Also, make sure the group index is the same for all the points, so that they are included in the same set for victory. (some people mistakenly change the group index)

8. archey

Positive Ratings:
    I have 3, and their index/group index set to 0 1 2, should i just change group index, all to 0?

9. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Yes. Group index separates them into individual sets, and you can win by capturing all points in any set. Thus your problem. The regular index should always be different, as any duplicate points with the same index will be invalidated and removed.

10. archey

Positive Ratings:
    Now, I've fixed the group indexs, i can cap without it restarting the round, but it is not unlocking the second cp. I have the previous required set to the first cp for both teams.

11. archey

Positive Ratings:
    anyone?! im having no luck