Making an televeportalationalizer

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Atasco

L2: Junior Member
Aug 7, 2017
Okay, so, I realize it sounds like a joke, but I'm trying to make a multiplayer friendly elevator. I have how it works 100% in my head, but I have NO idea how to transfer that to hammer. Here's my process:

Because actual vertical moving platforms in Source are............... Problematic, for multiplayer anyway, I decided to ditch that notion entirely for my elevator. Specifically I'm making it like how a real elevator looks from the inside. Doors close, you don't see anything, and the doors open up to the destination. The reason I'm calling it the televeportalationalizer is because I'm just going to relatively teleport everyone inside to an identical room at a different elevation. People get in, after everyone is in and out of the way of the doors, they close, some quiet elevator music plays, some subtle env_shake to mask whatever jittering there is, and a quick teleport to the next elevator where the doors open and the sentry gun on the other side liquefies you instantly, because let's face it, that's what I'd do if I was an engie.

How.... how do I accomplish this in hammer? I obviously have the two rooms and the doors working, but boy is the teleporting giving me fits. I was planning to just to set the position of the teleportation trigger but things kept messing up and getting too complicated so I deleted it all and started from scratch. How do yall suggest I do this?

Atasco

L2: Junior Member
Aug 7, 2017
Pretty easy using relative teleporters

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0H_MDsjcK0

That video should give you a hand at how to set up a teleporter. If you want to retail the positions of the players after they teleport, you can use trigger_teleport_relative
Ahh nice! One other thing: the teleporters seem to be putting them in absolute positions if I make the teleporters relative, does that mean I'll have to make them regular ones to keep the position for jumping around?

EDIT: I have indeed fixed the issue with regular teleporters

Last edited: