Making an Intel Invisible?

C00Kies

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2009
Ah I see, I miss read it - thought you had to hide the flag behind a the prop. Thank you vary much, I'll try it out.

Edit: It worked,
-Thank you kindly.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
Ok, with all the reading I'm a little lost now but might have an idea for you if I understand it right - some of this might be a little mixed up - since I'm at work typing this out but you'll get the drift...

If I understand it correctly you're trying to make the payload glow different depending which team owns the cart. I might try to do it this way:

Make a model the size of a path node - give it whatever texture you like red/blue - set texture and visisbility to zero so won't render in game.

You can make it item_team_flag (the briefcase one) and then choose your model and stick it insdie the payload - do whatever properties you need - but this is a big one - Make sure you set the game parameters of the briefcase to game type 4! If you don't and you try to use the briefcase model then Blue Bots (if you have bots enabled) will disregard all other coding in the game and just run to pick up the intel - or at least this was an issue that I was getting in my map - this will casue issues if you are trying to use the intel in another parts of the map instead of having the bots push the cart.

Parent the intel to the payload then add in two spite entites (one blue one red for the glow and parent it to the intel) to glow whatever colour you like.

Sorry just had 3 phone calls in a row- lost my train of thought and where I was going with the above.

Um... I think I was going to say...can you then make it(the same entity that pushes the cart):
"onTouch - enable blue glow - disable red glow"
"onNoTouch - disable blue glow - enable red glow"

Well anys - totally lost now - but I hope it helps (kept getting calls as I was typing this out)

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
Nope! I'm not trying to do that. At all. :p
I've had it working for a while now; there are 3 optional CPs that I want to attract players' attention to, as they modify the cart's speed. I wanted rimlighting around the CPs, not the cart. I managed to get it to work using alternate means, and yes, I did already know about the Game Type - 4 thing (if you read my previous post I mention it).

Sorry. :p

Spacek531

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2012
Another solution is to add the capture point signs around the track near the CP to indicate who owns the point, or create an overlay which will subtlely indicate who has what point, eg. "Power provided by RED ELECTRICITY/BLUE POWER" for the generator, or "BROWN NUGGET GOLD/SHINY BULLION GOLD" for red and blu respectively for a cap point in a mining setting.