Making A Door That Opens on Point Cap

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by PWNZOR666, Jun 9, 2009.

1. PWNZOR666

PWNZOR666 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, I'd like to make a door that only opens when one team caps a specific point and then closes when that team loses the point again. How should I go about doing it? I figure it has something to do with I/O, but I'm relatively new to mapping and not exactly sure how to work a lot of the I/O functions. I tried OnFullyOpen naming the entity capture_area_2 (the trigger area around the point, not the point flag itself) via the input CaptureCurrentCP, which sounded good to me, but didn't work. The door wouldn't open at all, before or after the point cap.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. TracerDX

TracerDX L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Map the team_control_point's "OnCapTeam1" or "OnCapTeam2" outputs to the func_door's Open and Close Inputs, respectively. Team 1 is RED, Team 2 is BLU in this case. "OnCapReset" may be used if you ever set it to neutral (only possible through I/O)

Make sure the "Touch to Open" flag on the door is unchecked, it is checked by default. And make sure the "Delay Before Reset" property is set to -1 so it stays Opened/closed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. PWNZOR666

PWNZOR666 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you very much for the quick and accurate response! That was exactly what I needed to do. :D

4. TracerDX

TracerDX L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    No problem. Glad to help :)