making a class specific wall

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by lunarpumpkin, Sep 18, 2016.

1. lunarpumpkin

lunarpumpkin L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    so , i found out valve finally added a class filter to hammer and id ont know how long its been there but when i mapped a few years ago it wasnt. so now im wondering how to make use of this filter to make a wall so only 1 class can go or shoot through

2. The Letter Before A

The Letter Before A Cool Idiot

Positive Ratings:
    mmm
    the only way you can shoot through walls In tf2 is with func_brushes and I do not believe they support filters

Can you say what the circumstance is for needing a class specific shoot through wall.

3. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    class based areas where 1 class can enter but not the others , like scout run where scout can only pass trough or sniper specific spot where only snipers can shoot

4. The Letter Before A

Positive Ratings:
    mmm that's tricky, you could put a class specific trigger_teleport on one side of the wall and a destination on the other.

5. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    yeah thats whay i had in head to solve the class pass but whata bout class shooting?

6. The Letter Before A

Positive Ratings:
    mmmm
    I'm not sure that's possible (sadly) you could request that valve adds a new brush entity for that purpose

7. lunarpumpkin

Positive Ratings:
    valve wont listen to a random guyt hat showed up who wan to make a fun / event map